Saturday, January 14, 2012

A time and a place?


A TIME AND A PLACE
i think not, sir.


I've been told - by fellas - that there is a time and a place
for dressing up.

 i call bullsh*t.

If you know me, you know that I won't go out in sweats;
that wearing jeans makes me feel sloppy.
If you know me - you know that I love dressing up,
looking neat and of course, wearing vintage.

"I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing 
herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know,
 maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to
 be as pretty as possible for destiny."
-- Coco Chanel

We'll skip my awkward years of dressing and living
among the 'flock' and get right into the current me. 
That's more interesting anyway. ;)

One of my dear internet friends and a fellow fashionista,
Nora, suggested that I give my friends, fans and followers
a glimpse into my life -  it to my daily outfits, of which there
are many. 

I use every single day as an excuse for dressing up.
Whether I'm headed to the post office, the grocery store,
the thrift store, out on a date or simply getting take away.

I want to look and feel great.
Don't you?

It's a misconception that I do this for attention or for men.
if you're doing it right, then you're doing it for yourself.

Dressing should be done for yourself and no one else.
Sure, he might like that red dress of yours, but you
should only find yourself clad in it because it makes
you feel amazing.

I digress.


THEBOTTOMLINE

life is too short to not look and feel amazing everyday

♥ Forgotten Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment